OK ... So, I'm back Friends.
- Ramp up for Obama re-election campaign ... check.
- Encourage everyone to vote ... check.
- Ride out Hurricane / Superstorm Sandy ... check.
- Implore everyone to vote - repeatedly ... check.
- Election day / President Obama re-elected ... check.
- Nor'easter storm drama ... check.
I mean: not that I really went anywhere ... but, I'm back all-the-same.
In order to shake off the last month or so, I thought I would get back to the nuts and bolts of opera. At least, the nuts and bolts of the Met Opera - quite literally.
This last Sunday, CBS Sunday Morning ran a story on the Met: Tech breathes new life into Metropolitan Opera. In the story, Anthony Mason talks with Peter Gelb, the Met's general manager, about using technology to keep opera (read: the Met) alive and bring it to a new audience.
I've got to be honest ... my hard-line feelings toward Peter Gelb, the Met and those HD Broadcasts have sort of softened after watching this. Even if just a little.
Ok - maybe I'm just tired.
Anyhoo, here's the story. Enjoy!